Here's a tutorial for a cute little felted wool bunny rabbit that you can make from that wool sweater that is perhaps a little threadbare in the elbows, or that you've packed into the "giveaway bag" because you didn't get around to wearing it this winter at all....purge purge purge...seems to be the name of the game these days!
1 wool sweater that has been felted (washed in hot water and shrunk...then laid flat to dry)
needle and thread
small piece of felt (contrasting colour) for ears
1. Print out pattern pieces from here and cut them out.
2. Pin pattern pieces to felted sweater and cut out 2 of each.
3. Sew the inside pieces of the ear to the main ear parts either by hand (using blanket stitch), or by machine (using zig zag stitch).
4. Pin ears to the head like this...
5. Pin front and back pieces together, with the ears sandwiched in between.
6. Sew around outside of bunny using straight stitch, leaving opening in head as indicated for stuffing.
7. Clip seams under the arms and between bottom legs.
8. Turn right side out
9. Stuff with wool stuffing,
10. Add a little lavender (if desired).
9. Stitch opening closed.
10. Sew buttons on for eyes.
11. Embroider nose, mouth and whiskers. I also sewed down his ears to the side of his head for a "lop-eared" look!
Ta da! You did it! Isn't he cute?