Monday, April 18, 2011

feeling broody

Look what is going on in our hen house!



We have not one...

not two...

but three broody hens!!

I am so excited. I forsee oodles of fuzzy little puffballs marching around our yard in the near future. :)

Except...look is still lingering...

I don't think chickies like snow. I guess we'll just have to see. We've never had chicks hatch before.

The hens weren't the only ones around here who were feeling broody today. I was broody (or should I say moody) too. I spent the whole day, it seems, waiting for Nadia (my 1 year old) to go down for a nap. Do you ever have days like that?

I had a project I needed/wanted to work on and I just couldn't seem to get to it. Nadia is the most darling girl...but oh so busy. She can climb up on chairs now, and a whole new world has opened up to her. I found her on the chair beside my sewing machine, reaching for my sewing scissors and I knew something had to give...and that somONE was me.

So Nadia, Trinity (my four year old) and I got bundled up (it's still a little chilly up here in the Great White North) and went for a walk. When all else fails...a good dose of fresh air and sunshine is sure to chase away the "broody blues".
We walked and talked, and each munched on a nice crunchy apple...oh how I love that perfect, crunchy apple!


Things were looking up. The longer I spent outside...the more sane I felt...the more I stopped obsessing over that silly project, and I could feel everyone's "happiness factor" going up. After all, when momma's happy, everyone's happy, right?

And you know what? Later on, I did also find time to work on that much anticipated project, and got quite a bit done! Here's my progress on my 15 inch and 10 inch Waldorf dollies....

All that broody, moodiness for naught! :P

2 comments:

  1. thanks for keeping me sane on a moody/broody day ~ your company and tea had my happiness factor go straight up!
    I love your little 10 inch doll she is so sweet!
    xo
    S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed the reminder to get out! When my life is as MAXED OUT as it is right now, I do forget how fresh air and just moving outside can solve all kinds of problems. You are so right. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete