Friday, March 25, 2011

the simple life


by The Weepies

Can I get up in the morning
Put the kettle on
Make us some coffee, say "hey" to the sun...
Is it enough to write a song and sing it to the birds?
They'd hear just the tune
Not understand my love for words
But you would hear me and know

I want only this, I want to live
I want to live a simple life...

This has been the song of my heart this morning, as I swept the floor...folded vast amounts of laundry...and then finally escaped to the outdoors to take in the freshness of this spring day...to soak up some much needed Vitamin D...to clear my head. The sweet song of the birds welcomed me and lifted my spirits.

Oh, to be like the birds...to be happy with little. To be content to just sit in the sun and sing...not a worry in the world. I crave that simplicity today. Be gone endless mind chatter. Trust. Bask in the knowledge that you are loved and cared for.

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" Matthew 6:26

7 comments:

  1. If only our children would be content to eat worms! Dinner-making would be so simple! hee hee. I need regular reminders to seek simplicity, and I vow I won't complicate my life with worries and ridiculous goals...then I forget again. Sigh. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do need the reminders, don't we? When I am home in our rustic cottage tucked in the woods, it is so easy to lead this little simple life... when I get out into the wide world, there are so many shouldn't I's? and What am I not giving my children?
    Yes, we need to not worry because God takes care of us. Thank you for sharing.
    Warm wishes,
    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nicely said. And why does it seem easier to say (and believe) in the sunshine of spring?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rebecca , I found your blog via twig & toadstool .We are in Canada too ☺
    My family is from lake Winnipeg east shore in MB. I know what you mean about that air & vit D .
    We love love the bush too.
    Rebecca I did not know how to write you aside from here but wanted to ask about how to begin making dolls . I've only made felt dolls but wish to begin the bigger waldorf ones with the soft heads and bodies. I really would like to make saints and different versions of Momma Mary etc. you mentioned buying a kit to start off . Is there anywhere here in Canada to order doll kits ?
    I'm gald to hear you ds is okay ! we have 4 boys & 2 girls so am well aware of the adventures that can come upon us ☺
    again I'm so happy to have found your bloggy blog
    lts of love
    Rox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Listening to the birds always takes the anxiety out of my shoulders too - at least for a little bit. :) I'm looking forward to spring so I can actually enjoy being outside again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would be happy to tell you all that I know about dollmaking. It is very fun to do. Here's my email...we can chit chat that way easier! beckydecarle@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete